How do I fight stress in my life? Honestly for way too long… NOT VERY WELL. But there is a principle that my father In law shared with me a long time ago, that has really helped me and I’m hoping it will help you.
DON'T GIVE AWAY SOMETHING THAT YOU EXPECT TO GET BACK!
In ALL area’s of our giving, whether it’s giving time, money or even words of encouragement, we should always do it with a cheerful or intentional heart. Because when you give things you are wanting back or have expectations on what your giving, you’ll end up resenting the person your giving to. If you can’t afford it don’t give it. Embracing the “DON’T GIVE SOMETHING THAT YOU EXPECT TO GET BACK” principle as definitely help me fight the stress in my life.
You must each decide in your heart how much to give, and don’t give reluctantly in response to pressure or an unhealthy need to please people.
“For God loves a person who gives cheerfully.” 2 Corinthians 9:7 NLT
HOW DO I FIGHT STRESS IN MY LIFE?
Go ahead try it out. DON’T GIVE AWAY SOMETHING THAT YOU EXPECT TO GET BACK!
Next time someone ask you for something, or ask you to do something, respond honestly according to this principle. I promise it will help you reduce the stress in your life. However, be aware the transition of learning this principle and making it a part of your life IS HARD WORK, but SO worth it.
KATY NICHOLE - HOLD ON!
- PRAY– for me and the Going Farther team as we continue to grow, and spread the message of hope and courage.
- GIVE – If you wish to help Going Farther continue spreading the message of hope and courage, please consider a one-time donation or by becoming a monthly supporter.
- SHARE – Invite or refer me to speak at an upcoming conference/retreat or community event. Via zoom.
- If my videos have encouraged you, I’ll also invite you to share with your friends, and help me with spreading the message of hope and courage.
- FOLLOW – Follow Going farther on social media
TOGETHER – We can GO FARTHER!