Have you ever wanted something so bad, but when you got it you realized it wasn’t what you needed?
Or what about getting something you DIDN’T want, only to find it was exactly what you needed!
Today I am joined by my dear friend Heather Whitehead, this is a part of her story.
BEFORE WE BEGIN - IN MEMORY OF - BY HEATHER!
“I want to take this opportunity to recognize Rob Beattie who recently lost his battle with cancer. It’s hard when my own battle was a catalyst for so much more and yet the same cannot be said for Rob. But there is still meaning. He found God in the process and in doing, so planted the final seed that was needed for me to return to my own faith. It is always difficult to say goodbye, but we will meet again one day. I know that his legacy will live on through the lives of the people that he touched.”
WHAT I NEEDED!
“That was the moment, when I realize the cancer wasn’t just a disease to go through, but actually a blessing in disguise because of what came out of it. It made me a better person. I am stronger than I’ve ever been, with a heart of gratitude for all the little things that I see God doing in my everyday.”
Heather and I worked together 15 years ago, and while we didn’t really know each other, we have have reconnected this past year online because of Heather’s cancer journey and her desire to connect. And now have since become great friends.
Heather has and Advanced Diploma (OCAD) Biotechnology, Bachelor of Art (Honours)(BA) Psychology. And is currently attending McMaster Divinity College, doing a Master of Theological Studies (MTS) majoring in pastoral.
Welcome Heather To Today's Contagious Courage Conversation
DAILY HABBITS TO HELP STAY FOCUSED!
“My cancer battle was only 1% of the grand scheme of my life,” Heather says, and she wants to encourage those struggling, not to focus on the negative season(s) and let that one 1% dedicate the other 99% of our lives.” Heather has learned some valuable lessons that have helped her stay focused in her journey forward, and hope’s it will also help you.
- Appreciate the little things in life that bring bigger blessings
- Embrace gratitude in your everyday
- Learn to be more open and transparent with those who can help you
- Reject the lie that you are not enough
Say I Won't - Mercy Me
Today’s blog is featuring one of the many devotionals taken from my new book contagious courage, and another resource that I am excited to share with you. I pray these devotionals both challenge and encourage you to dig deeper and develop your relationship with the Lord. You can also find these devotionals on my YouTube channel as well as on 100 Huntley Street
AUDIO AND VIDEO BOOK NOW AVAILABLE! A GREAT TOOL FOR GROUP STUDIES!
This audio/video book, is read by the author, and if you’re ready, please download the workbook, (Workbook only available with the video book option) grab your favorite beverage, journal and get comfortable, because Vahen will walk with you and help prepare you for your giant slaying life of courage.
FOR your 50% DISCOUNT use the promo code ContagiousCourage (Case sensitive with no spaces) in the audio book link above.
NO PROMO CODE REQUIRED! 50% DISCOUNT is set at a reduced price for a limited time.
JOIN THE COURAGEOUS GIVING COMMUNITY TODAY!
- Pray – for me and the Going Farther team as we continue to grow, and spread the message of hope and courage.
- GIVE – If you wish to help Going Farther continue spreading the message of hope and courage, please consider a one-time donation or by becoming a monthly supporter.
SHARE – Invite or refer me to speak at an upcoming conference/retreat or community event. Via zoom.
If my videos have encouraged you, I’ll also invite you to share with your friends, and help me with spreading the message of hope and courage.
TOGETHER – We can GO FARTHER!
Thank you for supporting me and the Going Farther mission. Now to Him who is able to do WAY MORE than we could ever HOPE or imagine, take care and God bless!
YOU WERE BORN TO FLOURISH!
We know the last year and a half has been incredibly challenging. BUT YOU ARE STILL STANDING!
You have been forged in the fire and now you’re rising from the ashes, ready to show that challegges ONLY MADE YOU STRONGER!
An amazing line up of inspirational influencers ready to help you FLOURISH! And what a privilege it is for me to be opening up for the keynote speaker of the conference the incredible Dr. Caroline Leaf.
You will find me in the schedule on day 2 of the conference talking about “Ignite the courage to release the leader inside of you.”